Sunday, November 11, 2012

Merry Gingerbread Christmas for Dynamic Duos #28

Hello there stampers! I am finally posting my card for this week's Dynamic Duos challenge. I am running about a day behind after a really busy week. As soon as I saw the subtle duo of Cherry Cobbler and Sahara Sand, I was immediately inspired to create a holiday card. Sahara Sand is one of those colors I rarely use. It is like Crumb Cake's pale cousin who needs to spend a little time in the sun. ;)
I paired up the colors with this month's sketch over at I (Heart) to Stamp. I love layers (which is not shocking news, I know) and this is such a cool layout to showcase them. 
I don't know about you but whenever I see gingerbread man, I always crack a smile thinking about that little gingerbread dude from the Shrek movies. Remember him? "Nooo, not my gumdrop buttons!"
That was why I HAD to add some pearls to dress my little guy up a bit. He is also heat embossed with a mixture of Cherry Cobbler Embossing Powder and Gingerbread Scented Embossing powder. The patterned papers are both from the Festival of Prints DSP pad.
Please stop by and visit us at the Dynamic Dous blog! We would love to see your creations with this week's color combo. The rest of the gals on the Design Team have created some gorgeous cards for inspiration. 

Follow Me on Pinterest

18 comments:

  1. How cute!! Love the layers, love the patterns and love your sweet gingerbread man...the one from Shrek too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word this is cute. So many fun elements on this cheery card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL You always crack me. Love this card and all 1,000 layers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh...I love layers, too! Sweet little gingerbread man and fab layers!This card is SO SO CUTE!!! I love it to pieces!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO adorable!! I love these colors together! So many wonderful layers and details! One of the cutest cards I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY Anne Marie, this card is over the top adorable!!! I love that gingerbread fellow, totally cute!! I have it coming this week, now I need some of that gingerbread scented embossing powder!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous! So cheerful and Christmas-y! Now I want to eat a candy cane and I don't even like candy canes that much!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card, Anne Marie. ;-) You made me giggle with that Shrek reference! I love all the gorgeous layers on your card. Perfection! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So utterly fabulous Anne Marie!! I do love me some layers as well and you always manage to combine patterns, textures and lotsa layers so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL....soooooo cute! Especially with the clip from Shrek! Gorgeous color combo and pattern choices!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't think I needed that set/framelits but after tracing/hand cutting my tree and seeing this fabulous gingerbread card, I'm sold! You have been such an inspiration for your artistic abilities, but your work with rescue animals makes me proud to call you my blog friend!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun Christmas card - love the red and white and of course the gingerbread boy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Layers and layers of sweet cuteness! I love the mixtures of embossing textures with the playful patterns of the DP! Great, great, great job with this color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This little guy looks like Red Velvet Cake! And with the pearl buttons, he's much to elegant to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too cute Anne Marie, love how you used the papers and all the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE, LOVE your gingerbread man Anne Marie :)
    Thank you so much for picking my card as HM at Dynamic Duos this week - much appreciated :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous way to use those colors!! Love the pearl buttons too!!
    Still chuckling about crumb cakes pale cousin! You are too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie