Monday, April 9, 2012

Party This Way for Paper Players #90

Hello there! Sorry my card for this weeks Paper Players challenge is a wee bit late. I got really caught up in the Easter festivities yesterday. I snapped some family photos in the Texas bluebonnets for our dear friends (sadly, this is their last year in Texas) and then we hosted a delicious dinner at our house. I'm still pretty full! It was a wonderful day! 

Now, let's talk about that challenge! This week at the Paper Players, the lovely LeAnne is our hostess and she has selected a beautiful palette perfect for the spring season. 
I have had the Party This Way stamp sitting on my desk for a couple of weeks now begging to see some ink. It's a great set for birthday cards...something I know I am always in need of. 

To create the card, I stamped the balloons in place, then used a ruler and a black marker to create their "strings". On the first try, I tried to make the strings curly but it just looked wonky....and I have a slight obsession with keeping things linear. Haha! Then I stamped another set of balloons, cut them out, pressed them into a VersaMark ink pad and sprinkled some Iridescent Ice Embossing powder on them for some extra birthday sparkle. I popped-up the balloons, the cut out sentiment and the card layers using Stampin' Dimensionals. 
A quick shot of the inside of the card: 
Thanks for visiting today! I sure hope you will join us this week over at the Paper Players with your colorful creation. The challenge is open until Friday, April 13th (yikes...Friday the 13th!!) at 12:00 Noon PST. Be sure to pop on over to visit the rest of the Design Team to see what they have whipped up, as well:
The Paper Players Design Team
Shirley Pumpkin - GD for April

Have a HAPPY day! :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Stampin' Up! Supply List:
Stamps: Party This Way
Paper: Soft Subtles DSP Paper pad, Not Quite Navy, Pool Party, Certainly Celery and Whisper White card stock
Ink: VersaMark, Not Quite Navy, Pool Party and Certainly Celery Classic ink
Punches: Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch
Accessories: Certainly Celery Stampin' Write Marker, Basic Black Stampin' Journaler Marker, Adorning Accents Textured Expressions Embossing Folder (Occasions Mini catalog), Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Basic Rhinestones and Stampin' Dimensionals

14 comments:

  1. OOoooh, I am loving that sparkle on those pretty balloons! You always know how to make my colors look terrific! Glad you had a nice Easter weekend, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made these colors sing!! What a gorgeous and fun card. Love the details on the balloons.

    Glad you had a good Easter weekend. I am, too, still very full! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann Marie love your sparkling balloon card. Perfect for a masculine card too. (I really need masculine cards this spring). The colors are perfect too. Glas your Easter was a good one. Sure was nice to have an extra day off... you'd think I'd get some stamping done! hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iridescent Ice balloons...{swoon}! These colors are perfect for a birthday card and your balloon lines are just as perfect! I hear ya on the "linear thing". This one was worth waiting for...((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, LOVE!!! This is just perfect for a little boy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am kind of a straight line gal myself - so the balloons look perfect to me! And the extra sparkle just adds to the party atmosphere! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like I wonderful Easter, hope the furbabies had a visit from the bunny :) Your card is so perfect for a celebration and the colors can work for anyone. Love that embossing with the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun and fabulous card! Love the layout on this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore those balloons!!!!!!!!!!! How perfect!!!!!!!!!

    Great layout as well!!!

    Glad you had a great Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Anne Marie. This is just to cute for words! Love the balloons. And yes.. my wish list got longer again.. sigh.. Thanks dear :) Love your blog.. It always brings a smile on my face.

    Inky hugs, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those glittery balloons and those lines are perfectly straight! hee!hee! Love the layout for this card and the embossed strip looks wonderful on this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Anne Marie! I just love, love, love your style! And, the extra added touch of the iridescent ice embossing powder is fabulous. I bet it's even more gorgeous in person!! I just laughed at your comment about being obsessive about keeping things linear. That's so ME! :) Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that set AM...you enabler you! Great card as always! Your use of layers and clean lines always inspires me.
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I LOVE this set!It was one of the first sets I purchased from the catty when it came out 2 years ago. The added sparkle on the popped up ballons, and the fabulous crisp, clean design makes this card a stand out! You cards always make me smile:)

    Oh and I just had my birthday so if you want to send it my way,lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie