Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Criss Crossed Crazy Cat

Hello everyone! Yes, I am actually posting 2 days in a row...maybe I'm back on track again. :) This morning while sorting some things in my craft room, I came upon some scraps of patterned papers that I used for a Valentine's Day card last year (before my bloggin' days). I really loved how the card turned out. Problem was, I made it for a small swap with some friends and the ONE extra I made was abducted by that evil, little cat of mine: Benjamin Maxwell. He is fascinated with ribbon, it is a problem if I leave any within "paws-reach". He can completely destroy a card in less then 10 minutes. He has done it a couple of times. Look at the attitude in the photo I snapped this morning. Yes, he was just sitting like that (you can't really see it but his back foot is actually sticking up in the air).  
Enough about that bad kitty, let's get back to the card. After finding the paper scraps this morning, I remembered how much I liked that card and decided to try to re-create a new and improved one (based on the original)

I'm entering this card in 2 fun challenges this week: 



I originally saw the tutorial HERE on Splitcoast, for the Criss Cross card. I think it is a pretty cool that the design is like a card AND an envelope all in one. 
For the inside card, I used the I {Heart} Hearts stamp set and the Totally Tabs set (clear embossed with Chocolate Chip Craft ink). I also used temporary adhesive to adhere a die-cut oval as a "mask" while I sponged Chocolate Chip Classic ink around the oval shape. I also distressed every edge on the card with Chocolate Chip ink for a more vintage-look.
On the outside, I used the Holiday Best set (ret.) for the sentiment. That lace trim is one of my new favorite things and you just can't ever have enough pearls, can you? 
Thanks for stopping by and letting me share a card that I never had a chance to the first time around. Haha! I actually like the new and improved version SO much better, so I guess some things...and some kitties...happen for a reason.


Have a great day! :)

21 comments:

  1. Stunning card! I love everything about it! 'Ole Benjamin Maxwell is quite the handsome kitty! I love his pose too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Valentine's Day card and super cute kitty too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty, pretty card! I love the unique design and the lace! Plus I know a certain Boxer Twin who loves to distress cards. Let's hope that she never pairs up with Benjamin Maxwell...Between the "cattitude" and "puppatude" they would be quite the duo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can I not write you a little note about the card you created. Anne Marie.. this is beautiful! I will leave it to that.. Pss... it is stunning too.. okay.. and it is so so sweet!

    Thanks for sharing :)
    Inky hugs, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne Marie,

    OMG! Your card is just stunning! I love the envelope layout. Now Benjamin on the other hand ... bad kitty. My cat loves ribbon too and if I give him the chance he will pounce on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anne-Marie, this is so awesome ! Love the DP and these colors. Very, very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your kitty was helping you out with the creativity, how could that sweet little face be an evil kitty :) Well, I know mine will eat paper if I leave it around, so I can relate. Love the card, it is so pretty with the lace and ribbon and that paper is is beautiful. I have not tried this card, but yours has inspired me to try it. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anne - love your pocket card!! The colors are just perfect! Poor Benjamin - lol! He looks so similar to my Lilly (I put a pic of her up a few days ago) - we should hook them up! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card and I'm really thinking maybe Benjamine RULES!!! So cute.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anne Marie, you did a FABULOUS job on this!! So frilly and pretty, just gets me into the Vday spirit! GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card! I love this style of card but haven't tried on yet. I really like the vintage feel with these gorgeous papers, lace & pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beauty!! I love the criss-cross folds but yours just blows my mind with it's beauty and style! Fabulous! You are so detail oriented in your card making and just draws my eye all over the place to take it all in - breathtaking. Awesome work! Love your kitty's pose, lol! x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is stunning! Love the design paper and lace.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this! This is such a cool look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card, and lovely cat!! One of ours loves foam rubber: she detroyed my stippling brush last week and yesterday found a new bath sponge, but she left the ribbon on it for Benjamin.....shall I send it over???

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anne Marie so cute. Love the red/brown tones... and such a cute envelope. The kitty is pretty cute too. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful care Ann Marie, loving the layered lace and ribbon - and the sweet little pearls on the sentiment are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beauty! Your cat is gorgeous... my cat (now in cat heaven) had the same fetish and would destroy wrapped packages. Ribbon and any embellishments became mincemeat. Christmas was a headache trying to keep her away from the gifts before they were opened.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a neat idea for a Vday card. I like how the message part is secret until removed. Perfect for a secret admirer message.

    Cats + ribbon = why I don't let my cats in my craft room. Although all the cats like strings, my Eli is absolutely fascinated by them. He will attack hubby's shoelaces even while he's walking. I have a pullover sweatshirt with ties at the neck that Eli will all of a sudden pounce on while he's sitting on my lap and he won't stop no matter how many "NO NO ELI" I say.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have made a BEAUTIFUL card, we are so glad that you decided to play along with us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW! that's what this card is. It's a WOW card. I love vintage. You did a great job with this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie