Monday, December 6, 2010

Peace, Hope and Love for the Holidays

Hi there, friends! Hope you are enjoying your Monday so far! I'm still trying to wrap up a few holiday cards to get out before the big day. I will get them done on time...repeating this mantra...I WILL! I saw the sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches last week and I have to admit, I was a little stumped about how to make it work. Yesterday, I decided to use that perplexing sketch, along with the inspiration at a fun new site I just found, Paper Issues. The theme is "Holiday Hook-Up". There is some cool inspiration at their site, too, check it out.
I saw the Cherry Cobbler/Wild Wasabi color combo at LeAnne's blog yesterday and couldn't get it out of my head. For some reason, I have never grabbed Wild Wasabi for a holiday card...strange, right? I added some Brushed Gold card stock (whick looks more like Crumb Cake in the photos??) to the mix to sparkle-it-up a bit. Guess what? Are you sitting down? With this mix, I have officially embraced the red/green color combo for holiday cards. Yup, you read that right...it's a holiday miracle! Haha! :)
I tried to use Very Vanilla card stock for the stamped words but it didn't seem to really fit, so I ended up embossing them in gold on Wild Wasabi. The Medallion stamp is an all-time favorite and just seemed perfect with the sketch. This one was a little out of my comfort zone but I really like how it came together. I actually made it pretty quickly, too (although quickly for me means under 45 mins), when I noticed the deadline for the Tuesday Morning Sketches challenge. Thanks to Splitcoast Stampers, I was able to get it uploaded 5 minutes before the challenge closed...whew! 
For the inside, I used up some scraps, punched a snowflake, added one of the same jewels from the front and a sparkly seasonal sentiment sticker. (say THAT 5 times fast...) Peace, Hope and Love for the holidays...isn't that a really great wish? I hope you like it! :)

Stampin' Up! Supply List: 
Stamps: Medallion, Wonderful Words (ret.) and Wonderful Words 2 (ret.)
Ink: Versa-Mark
Paper: Wild Wasabi, Cherry Cobbler, Brushed Gold and Very Vanilla (inside) card stock
Accessories: Gold Embossing powder, Embossing Buddy, Gold Elastic cord (ret.), 1/4" Circle punch (inside) and Scallop Trim Border punch (inside)
Non-SU! Accessories: iridescent green jewels and snowflake punch


Thanks for visiting! 
Enjoy your day, 

15 comments:

  1. Wow! Stunning! I love the embossed medallion. Beautiful card! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Anne Marie! This is fabulous! I would not have thought to combine Wild Wasabi with Cherry Cobber, but it is beautiful! Love the embossing and the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a beautiful job on both the colors and the sketch and just under deadline. I have to say I was expecting something pink somewhere, but the Wild Wasbi really works, never would have thought to use that one. The embossing gives it that elegant touch. Say hi to all the fur babies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous design with your fabulous gold embossed medallion!!
    So perfect for this wonderful layout!! Great holiday card, Anne Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *thud* wow...striking card!!! That medallion is just pure gorgeous!!! And you made these colors work wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card - I especially like the bling on the medalion and the cords. Lovely. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, fellow San Antonio neighbor! I love your card. I have the Medallion stamp as well and while I do love it, I'm often stumped for ideas as to what to do with it. Thanks for the embossing inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, love the texture and colors you used!!! You nailed these challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!!!! Love the red and green together! I'm so enjoying you showing the inside of your cards. I'm terrible about that - by the time I get the outside completed, I just want to quit! I'm trying to learn (from you) how to make the inside as pretty as the outside.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Love the green and gold!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay since you used me FAVORITE stamp then you know how I feel about this card!! It's perfect - from the stamp choice ;), to the color combo. You are an artist my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delish! Love the color combo and that bling oh and that string and the embossed stamps! It's so... YOU~!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so RICH looking! I love the gold!

    ReplyDelete
  14. BEAUTIFUL CARDS! You had me at bling and embossing powder, lol, but wow, they are gorgeous. I especially like the colors on the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The gold embossed medallion makes a great background to your sentiment panels.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie