Monday, September 20, 2010

Awash with Pearls

It's Monday and what better way to start the week then with a little creative mojo? I decided to combine two challenges with this card, once again. Two challenge combos are my limit, any more then that and I just end up confusing myself (which lately, isn't that hard to do)! Haha!  


How fabulous is THIS color mix from The Color Throwdown blog?? In my opinion, you just can't go wrong when any shade of PINK is involved!
I paired these great colors with this sketch from Mojo Monday...too bad I started working on this one on Sunday evening and missed out on getting it entered to BOTH challenges on time. Oh well, if only there were more hours in the day sometimes. :(
For this card, I decided to use my Awash With Flowers set, simply because I have never used it before. I have seen some pretty amazing cards people have made with this set, but for some reason, I have just never really been inspired to use it. As I started playing around with it, I thought it would liven it up a little to add a couple (ok, a few more then a couple) pearls as accents. Not going to lie though, it STILL isn't destined to be one of my favorite sets...but I will keep trying.

I did a little soft shading on the leaves, with a gray marker. Then I added the shimmery pink ribbon, that I randomly came across in a basket on my desk. I love when that happens, when you don't have to search for supplies! 
The sketch was a great opportunity to use up some of the scraps of paper and cardstock I have accumulated over time, too. The layer of Rich Razzleberry DSP already had some Smooch Spritz on it from another project but after getting it all put together, I liked the shimmer so much, I just "Smooched" the whole background! 

I went with the "Happy Retirement" sentiment, why? Because I needed a retirement card? Nope...I just REALLY liked the font on the sentiment with this card! I can always swap it out later! Or hey, maybe someone I know will be lucky enough to retire, then *poof* I will just whip this card out to send off! Yup, I'm being proactive...that's it! 
Stampin' Up Supply List: 

Stamps: With Flowers, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Pink Pirouette, Basic Gray classic ink
Paper: Rich Razzelberry, Pink Pirouette and Basic Gray cardstock, Razzleberry Lemonade DSP (retired), Bella Rose DSP (retired), Basic Gray DSP (retired, hostess paper pad)
Accessories: Square Lattice embossing folder, Scalloped border punch, Word Window punch, Modern Label punch, Smooch Spritz in Vanilla Shimmer and PEARLS!
Non SU! Accessories: pink ribbon and pearl brad

Have a great day and a great start to your week, 

12 comments:

  1. Anne this is beautiful, I just love the colors and the added pearls are fabulous girl..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally laughing with THIS post...the card is SUPER pretty, LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and I love all the DP you used with it. So pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work, Anne Marie, with this rich color combination!! I love those stylized blossoms!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how gorgeous. Love everything about this card. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I saw this color combo posted, I thought it sounded very elegant. And you really captured that idea with your pretty flowers and pearl accents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so elegant and lovely Anne Marie, love your take on the sketch and you so did that color combo justice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So PEARLY! I love it!! Great color combo too! I may have to check out their challenge this week!

    Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty! I love the colors and the pearls, the embossing, ok, well I could go on and on, it is an amazing card. Say hi to kitty for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is BEAUTIFUL! LOVE the stamp you used for the flowers and LOVE the pearl detail! FAB card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pearls are wonderful here. They add just the right touches to this card. love the colors and the layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Wow, and Wow some more! Such a lovely pattern and perfect papers, the little pearls are sheer perfection! Your blog is a treasure trove of gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!
Have a great day! :)
Anne Marie